Back by popular request, Everest Academy will be going to Disney World in Orlando again this year. We have gone the last several years and had a blast. This is the best time of the year to visit Disney as it is already decorated for Christmas and absolutely gorgeous, crowds are VERY low, the weather is warm enough for shorts and swimming but not sweltering hot, and the hotel rates are down.
This trip will include a 5-day hopper pass to all four parks, one behind-the-scenes educational Y.E.S. program, and four visits (not hopper passes) to either Blizzard Beach/Typhoon Lagoon (one Disney water park is open each year at this time) and/or Disney Quest (which is AWESOME).
The Disney Youth Education Series Programs (Y.E.S.) transports your students behind the scenes of Disney Theme Parks to showcase how principles they're learning in the classroom make exciting things happen every day at Walt Disney World® Resort. Specially-trained Disney facilitators use captivating material and breathtaking experiences to get your students' eyes wide open. Disney Y.E.S. field studies allows your group to do things it can't do anywhere else in the world! Each student must attend one Y.E.S. program to qualify for this trip. We must have a minimum of 10 students for each Y.E.S. program. We will try to schedule several different programs so that hopefully your child may attend one that they just truly love!
October 1, 2013
You may make payments if you like or you can send the entire balance by October 1, 2013
Please send payment to:
1035 Jenkind Rd
Hayden, AL 35079
- Which Y.E.S. Program will we attend? Everest Academy will choose Y.E.S. programs based on the number and ages of the children who are attending.
- I have a year pass to Disney. Can I still attend the Y.E.S. Program? Yes, you can sign up with the group and pay a $30 fee to attend the Y.E.S. program.
- What day will we attend the Y.E.S. Program? Wednesday, December 4
- Can the adults attend Disney Y.E.S. Programs? Yes, a limited number of chaperons are permitted to attend Disney Y.E.S. programs; but in some cases not all chaperons may be permitted. A maximum of one chaperon for every five students may attend Disney Y.E.S. Programs. Chaperons will be assigned first come/first served, so sign up early!!! Priority will be given to families with a medical condition.
- Does my 3-year-old have to attend a Y.E.S. program? Y.E.S. programs are for children ages 5 (possibly a mature 4) and up.
- Does this price include hotel accommodations, food, or transportation? No. These prices are for the 5-day hopper passes, 4 trips to the water parks and/or Disney Quest, and the Y.E.S. program only.
- Will there be arranged transportation and/or accommodations? No, that is up to you to schedule. Everest Academy will only be scheduling for the Disney package.
- Meal Plan - Can we purchase the meal plan with these tickets? No; however, my understanding is if you are staying on Disney property and purchase an additional one-day ticket, then you can purchase the meal plan. You will need to check with Disney directly on that.
- When are the tickets valid? In order to get this price for the tickets we have committed to attending the Y.E.S. Program. That is the only day you HAVE to be there. Tickets are valid one week prior to and one week following our scheduled five days. That gives you 19 days to sort of play with as long as your child attends the Y.E.S. program. You must have a park ticket to attend the Y.E.S. Program, so make sure to save one day's worth of your tickets for that day.
- How will I get my tickets? Everest Academy will mail the tickets to you at your cost via certified, traceable, insured, signature, as-safe-as-the-post-office-can-get mail at least two weeks before our departure date. Cost is generally around $20.
- Does my 2-year-old have to have a ticket? Each guest age 3 and up must have a ticket.
- What is a hopper pass? You can visit all four Disney parks as many times as you want in one day. You have a five-day hopper pass, which means for five days, you can visit one park a day or four parks a day or any combination of your choice.
- What about the water park/Disney Quest tickets? These are not hopper passes. This part of the package is for four visits. For instance, if you go to both a water park and Disney Quest in one day that will take up two of your visits. These can be used any time during your stay. They don't have to be used during your 5 park days.
- Can other homeschoolers attend this trip? Yes, this trip is open to all homeschoolers regardless of cover school.
- Can grandparents come at the same price? Our group ratio of adults cannot exceed our group ratio of children. All adults can buy tickets at the discounted price as long as there are not more adults in the group than there are children. Priority for discounted tickets will go to the parents and then grandparents, and will be on a first come/first serve basis. (Definition of group is the entire group of homeschoolers - not the ratio of adults/children you are personally purchasing tickets for. In other words, if the entire group attending is 47 children, there cannot be more than 47 adults.)
- Friends - I want to invite my friend and her family, but they do not homeschool? That's fine. They are welcome to come.
- Five full-color, keepsake-quality Customized Maps:
- Walt Disney World Resort Overview
- Magic Kingdom
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Park
- Most Park highlights, plus your family’s favorites
- Large 14″ x 20″ format
- A set of golden stickers to mark new Favorites