- French Table meets at local restaurants in the Vestavia Hills City Center on the first and third Wednesday of each month at 6:30 p.m. All levels are welcome. Details: 370-3542.
- German: Stammtisch Conversation Table for anyone who speaks German. Giuseppe’s Café, Thursdays at 8 p.m. Details: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Irish Arts - The Birmingham Branch of Comhaltas meets on the third Wednesday of each month to promote traditional Irish arts at the Safari Cup Coffee at 7 p.m. Details: email@example.com
- UAB Foreign Language Conversation Table - These are weekly opportunities to practice your foreign language skills with others. They are free and open to the public. Foreign Language offered include: Arabic, Chines, Russian, Spanish, French, and Italian. For more information, look here: http://www.uab.edu/foreignlang/languagetables.html
- UAB Foreign Film Series - These films are offered at UAB and are all free and open to the public. Please use discretion and research the film before attending. http://www.uab.edu/foreignlang/Foreign-Film-Series-2007-8.html The movies that we will be presenting are foreign films shown in a foreign language with subtitles. Some of the movies deal with more than one culture. Some deal with important historical, demographical, and human events such as immigration, exile, spirituality, unemployment, intolerance, precarity, military violence, solitude, and tolerance around the world and humor.
- Spanish Lessons - My name is Onna Sweatman. I'm the Spanish and Latin American Studies teacher at The Arlington School. I teach all levels of Spanish and have an open schedule so I can work around summer camps, vacations, etc. when planning the course. I can teach Spanish to all ages and depending on the intensity and length of the course cost is quite manageable. If you know of any parents interested in Spanish classes for their student please let me know. You can email me here at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or call me at 205-335-7871.
Powered by Blogger Gadgets