Feel free to pick whatever color cap and gown you would like!!!
June 7, 2014
High School Graduation
2349 Forestdale Blvd.
Birmingham, AL 35214
2:00 - 4:00 p.m.
*Please note that graduates are not required to attend the Graduation Ceremony. If you have a graduate who does not want to attend the ceremony, please look here for more info.
The families of course! We are homeschoolers, so we do not have to follow tradition. We can do things our own way. You can choose to present your child's diploma or request that the administrator of Everest do so. Your child can give a performance or a speech if they so choose. We encourage the graduates to bring samples of their work, scrapbooks, pictures, experiments, creations, etc to put on display.
- Cap & Gowns - Graduates are responsible for providing their own cap & gowns. You can wear whatever color/style of cap & gown you choose (in the above picture, everyone is wearing red because I chose that color. This year the seniors can pick their own colors!!!!). We have ordered from Graduation Source in the past with great success, but you are welcome to choose another company as well. Graduates are also welcome to order any adornment (such as an "Honors" stole, etc. OTHER than a Valedictorian or Salutatorian Stole). Graduates are welcome to personalize their caps if they would like (see picture above - Rated G only please)
- Transcripts, Diplomas, and Padded Diploma Cover will be provided by Everest Academy.
- All High School Graduates must complete and submit a Final Transcript Request Form, Graduation Registration Form and all fees by April 1.
- Valedictorian/Salutatorian will be awarded on basis of ACT/SAT scores. Student must have been enrolled with Everest Academy for one complete year, attend the ceremony, and commit to giving a speech to be eligible for this honor and registered for the graduation ceremony no later than April 1.
- April 1 - $50.00 graduation fee which includes diploma and transcript
- Please note: All fees, transcripts, and Graduation Registration Forms are due no later than April 1 and are nonrefundable after April 1. If you register and/or pay for graduation after April 1, the graduation fee is as follows: April 2 - April 15: $75.00, April 16 - April 30: $100.00, May 1 - May 15: $150.00, after May 16: $200.00 (My suggestion is to sign up and pay by April 1). No new registration will be taken after May 19. No exceptions. Please don't ask. ***April 1 is the deadline for anyone wishing to participate in the graduation slideshow. Those who register for graduation after April 1 will not be included in the slideshow. Pictures for slideshow deadline is April 15 and will be posted to closed Facebook page.
- Note on transcripts - I realize that the school year does not "officially" end until May 31. Please turn in Transcript Request Forms with projected subjects, grades, etc. We can update them as needed. We can also add in ACT scores later if they are pending.