I am a firm believer that one of the main issues facing our society today is the break down in the family unit stemming from broken marriages. Most children are not being raised by both parents, instead have step moms and step dads, some even living with relatives outside of their immediate family. I have listed below several resources that other Everest Academy members have used and recommended as having a positive influence on their marriage.
- "Love & Respect" by Dr. Emerson Eggerichs
- "From Angry to Intimacy" by Gary Smalley
- "Love Dare" bwith the corresponding movie "Fireproof"
- "Respect Dare" by Nina Roesner
- "Created to be His Help Meet" by Debi Pearl
- "The 5 Love Languages" by Gary Chapman
- "Love & War" John & Staci Eldredge's
- "Sex Begins in the Kitchen" by Dr. Kevin Leman's
- "Intimacy Ignited" by Dillow & Pintus
- "Men are From Mars, Women are From Venus" by John Grey
- "His Needs Her Needs" by Willard F. Harley
- "Boundries - When to say Yes, When to say No to take control of your life" by Drs. Henry Cloud and John Townsend - There are also "Boundries with Kids" and "Boundries in Marriage" books.
- "Fireproof" with the accompanying book "The Love Dare"
- "Marriage God's Way" Micheal and Debi Pearl