- The range is open during daylight hours only.
- No alcoholic beverages allowed.
- Arrows may only be nocked on the bowstring when standing on the shooting line preparing to shoot.
- Shoot only from the shooting line into the designated targets.
- Personal targets are not allowed on range. Archers are allowed to bring and shoot at a paper face placed on an existing target as long as it is removed from the range or placed in a trash receptacle once an individual has finished shooting
- Bows must be hung on the bowhanger behind the shooting line when waiting to shoot or while archers are down range retrieving arrows.
- All persons are to remain behind the shooting line while shooting is taking place. NO shooting shall be allowed while anyone is down range.
- Arrows from bows of 30 pound draw weight or more may only be shot into the targets on the adult range. Arrows from bows less than 30 point draw weight may be shot into targets on the youth or adult range.
- Only arrows with field or target points may be used or possessed on range. NO BROADHEADS may be possessed on the range.
- All individuals standing on or utilizing the elevated platform must wear a full body harness, including shoulder and leg straps, and attach themselves to the appropriate safety rope with the use of a “D” ring or carabineer.
- All used paper targets faces and other trash shall be placed in a trash receptacle or removed from the range.
Athens Community Archery Park
The Athens Parks and Recreation Department maintains a Community Archery Park. This park is a state of the art archery park that is equipped with four youth targets (5-20 yards), eight adult targets (15-50 yards) and a 12-foot elevated platform with 3-D and Olympic style targets available for bow hunters to simulate hunting or shooting from a tree stand.
The Athens Community Archery Park is located within Swan Creek Park on Hwy 31 next to Athens High School.
Archery Range Regulations