Word Dynamo is a superb site from Dictionary.com. Word Dynamo makes learning new words a whole lot of fun. Here is how it works:
1. Answer 10 questions and Word Dynamo will calculate how many words a student knows. This is your word score. The word score adjusts as you learn new words, Word Dynamo helps give students study “shortcuts” to learn new words faster.
2. Word Challenge- in word challenge students are offered a custom 20-level game designed especially for their skill level. As students master meanings, they unlock the next threshold of difficulty.
3. The Word Dynamo Library- here students can browse and search for things they need to learn. Students can choose to practice by schooling level, SAT prep, subject or popular word lists.
4. Play Games- students can practice vocabulary by matching terms and definitions, listening to the word and definition, spell a word out in a crossword puzzle, etc. New challenges are unlocked as students succeed!
5. Create a Word List- this one is my favorite, I love that students can create their own lists based on what they need to work on.
Review from ilearntechnology.com