Scholastic Warehouse is open to the public 2 times a year. All books are discounted. And the sale is run by volunteers. Volunteers are compensated $10.00 per hour to be used toward reduced warehouse merchandise.
Scholastic Book Fair Warehouse Sale
Available Volunteer Hours
December 3rd-15th, 2012
Weekdays December 3rd - December 14th: 10 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Saturday December 8th & 15th: 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
We have also been invited to volunteer before and after the sale (weekdays only).
Pre-sale: November 26th--November 30th from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Post-sale: December 17th—December 21st from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Let me know the dates and times that you would like to work. Remember, schedule the days and times that work for you. You may work as many hours as you would like, but there is a 4 hour minimum per shift. For teachers coming after school the minimum is waived (please schedule and arrive as soon as possible). The pre-sale and post-sale dates are limited so e-mail back quickly if you are interested. We look forward to hearing from you soon. I schedule in the order I receive your e-mails.
If you have any friends/neighbors who would like to volunteer please have them contact Stephanie at firstname.lastname@example.org or you can e-mail me their names and e-mail addresses and I will pass along the information to them. If you have contact with a home school group that would like this information, please let me know so I can invite them to participate.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. Thanks again for volunteering your time. And thank you for building our reputation of Scholastic Volunteers as being one of accomplishment and dependability!
Thanks, Stephanie and Dana
Below are a few guidelines for your time at Scholastic:
You choose the days and hours you would like to work. Each shift you volunteer is a minimumof 4 hours. E-mail Stephanie Willis (email@example.com) your choices of the days/hours you would like to volunteer and you will be contacted to confirm your schedule or notify you if those days/hours are filled and unavailable. Once you are scheduled please notify us as soon as possible if you need to make any changes or cancel. There are others who would like to work those days/hours.
1. Closed toe shoes are required in the warehouse area.
2. Dress for the current temperature the warehouse is minimally heated/cooled. Layer.
3. There is a snack room. You may use the refrigerator and/or microwave. Please remember to clean-up and take items home at the end of your shift.
4. Only closed drink containers may be in the warehouse area.
5. Remember to be courteous and helpful - you represent Scholastic to the shoppers.
6. Please do not read, shop, or be on the phone while you are working.
7. You may take a 15 minute break for every four (4) hours you work.
8. It is your responsibility to fill out a waiver (once per sale), sign in and out, and obtain your voucher at the end of your shift. All vouchers must be used during the current sale. The voucher will be issued for $10.00 per hour to be used on Scholastic merchandise.
177 Business Center Drive
Birmingham, AL 35244