- Giving them a better idea of why their child may be behind academically by determining if the child has any of the early risk factors for dyslexia and related learning differences
- Determining whether their child would benefit from an early intervention program
- All Screenings will be conducted by Mrs. Paula Williams, M.A./CCC/SLP. She will be using the TOPEL (Test of Preschool Early Literacy) as well as testing each child’s audiometric hearing. A written summary report of the test findings will be mailed to parents within two weeks of their child’s screening.
Free Early Intervention Screening days at Greengate!
Greengate School in Huntsville, the area’s leading source on dyslexia and related learning differences, is excited to offer four days of free preschool screenings!
· Screenings designed for children age 4-5 years old, who have struggled during at least one year of preschool/kindergarten
· Screenings are intended to help parents by:
Screening days: Friday, March 15th and Saturday, March 16th
Friday, April 5th and Saturday, April 6th
Appointment times: Screening appointments are available from 8:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m. each day. Screenings are scheduled on the hour and will last 30-50 minutes.
Schedule an appointment: Call Greengate School (256-551-4439). Appointments will be scheduled on a first come/ first serve basis.
Screening location: At Greengate School (inside Lincoln Mill):
1300 Meridian Street, Huntsville, AL 35801 (directions on website)
Price: No cost to you, thanks to our generous sponsor, the Thurber Family Foundation!
For more information about screenings and Greengate’s early intervention preschool and kindergarten programs, visit www.greengateschool.org
Founder, Greengate School
Certified Orton Gillingham therapist, Fellow in training
Our mission is to educate and support bright children with specific learning differences in reading, spelling or writing so they may realize their full potential.