Scholastic VOLUNTEERS: August Warehouse Sale
You can earn books by volunteering at the sales. We need help with greeting customers, bagging books, restocking books, and ringing up sales on our EasyScan registers. Volunteers earn $10 per hour in gift certificates toward the purchase of books and other warehouse materials. All sale prices apply. For safety reasons, we can only accept volunteers that are 18 years of age or older. Please let me know if you would like your name removed from this e-mail list.
Thursday (Aug. 8) and Friday (Aug. 9): 9 a.m.-7 p.m.
Saturday (August 10): 9 a.m.-3 p.m.
We have also been invited to work after the sale (weekdays only):
August 12-16 (weekdays only) from 8:00-2:00
Let me know the dates and times that you would like to work. Remember! There is a 4 hour minimum, but you can work as long as you like. Since this is a smaller sale there are a limited number of volunteers needed so e-mail back quickly if you are interested. I look forward to hearing from you soon. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask!
Location and Directions
177 Business Center Drive
Birmingham, AL 35244
I-20 W Merge onto I-459 S via EXIT 136 toward MONTGOMERY/TUSCALOOSA
Merge onto I-65 S via EXIT 15 toward MONTGOMERY, Take Exit 247 VALLEYDALE RD / CR-17
Keep RIGHT at the fork onto VALLEYDALE RD / CR-17 S
Turn RIGHT onto BUSINESS CENTER DRIVE
Below are a few guidelines for your time at Scholastic:
1. Closed toe shoes are required in the warehouse area.
2. Dress for the current temperature the warehouse is minimally heated/cooled. Layer.
3. There is a snack room with vending machines for drinks and snacks. You may use the refrigerator and/or microwave. Please remember to clean-up and take items home at the end of your shift.
4. Only closed drink containers may be in the warehouse area.
5. Remember to be courteous and helpful - you represent Scholastic to the shoppers.
6. Please do not read, shop, or be on the phone while you are working.
7. You may take a 15 minute break for every four (4) hours you work.
8. It is your responsibility to fill out a waiver (once per sale), sign in and out, and obtain your voucher at the end of your shift.
If lost, vouchers will not be reissued. They must be used during the current sale.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. Thanks again for volunteering your time.