The Alabama Branch of the International Dyslexia Association (ALIDA)
Is sponsoring a
Book Talk with Gwen Best
Children's Mathematics: Cognitively Guided Instruction
Do you work with students/children who lack confidence or become confused when solving word problems?
Do your students/children spend more time looking for key words than trying to understand or visualize the action in word problems?
Do you worry that multi-step word problems are too challenging for students/children when they struggle to solve single-step word problems?
If so, you will want to participate in ALIDA's virtual book talk to:
* Learn how to teach students/children to comprehend and approach word problems with confidence.
* Equip students/children with skills and strategies that help them use manipulatives to gain a deep understanding of the concepts the four basic operations -addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
* Teach students/children to think clearly and use the comprehension strategies of inference and visualization when approaching word problems.
* Learn a systematic approach for teaching students/children to comprehend and categorize word problems.
At the end of the book talk you will feel confident in your ability to provide your students or children with a solid foundation that adequately supports more challenging multi-step word
Please join us for this Book Talk by registering with this link: Click to Register
The registration fee is $40 and then you will purchase the book, Children's Mathematics: Cognitively Guided Instruction from one of the following sources:
* Barnes & Noble Booksellers
Alabama Branch of the International Dyslexia Association
2510 Monteview Drive
Huntsville, Alabama 35803
We will return your call as soon as a representative is available.