My text number, should you need to reach me, is 505-917-5252.
Join us for an Alabama Gold Rush Adventure at Burritt on the Mountain!
- Wednesday, May 14th (Deadline April 30)
- This event has a minimum of 12 students (ages 3 and up) and a maximum of 25 students.
- Tour begins promptly at 10 a.m., so please be there no later than 9:45 a.m.
- We will participate in three mini classes between 10 and noon.
- After the classes, you can either leave or stay to enjoy a picnic lunch, explore the museum, and go on the treasure hunt. You may stay until closing time.
- $11 per child ages 3 and up, $8 per adult chaperon, and children 2 and under are free.
- There’s No Place Like Home – Learn about the different types of shelter that settlers would have lived in. Different styles of log homes will be viewed, and students will learn how they were built. Then students will form teams to build their own homes.
- Butter Churning – Churning butter was a common 1800s task, but did you know that written records date butter making to more than 4000 years ago? Do you know why cream will turn into butter when shaken? Learn the history and the science behind this skill as students make butter themselves.
- Pantry or Pharmacy? – The 1800s herb garden not only provided the seasonings for the settlers’ food but also the medicine to treat their illnesses and injuries. Learn about the uses of different herbs while exploring our herb garden.
- Sign up, payment, and cancellation deadline is April 30th; however, please remember you want to sign up and make payment sooner rather than later because there is a maximum number that can attend. The slots go to the first 25 WHO MAKE PAYMENT. RSVP is not complete until I have a check from you. Please also bring cash with you the day of the event. I will trade you the check for the cash. There will be no refunds for "no-shows" since there is a minimum number required to hold the event.
- You can RSVP by clicking on "going" on the event page on Facebook in the HSVHomeschool Group https://www.facebook.com/
groups/339390709497252/ or you can text me at 505-917-5252. Whichever way you do it, I will send you my mailing address so you can mail a check.
- Updates for this event will be posted only on the Facebook event page and at the Everest Academy website. To avoid forgetting anyone, I will not send out personal messages about any changes, so make sure to check the event posting and/or the Everest website the day of the event for any possible updates.
- If you RSVP for this event, you acknowledge that you have read and agree to comply with the Everest Academy Participating Policy. http://www.