- Must be age 15 or older
- Original Certified Birth Certificate
- Social Security Card-Must Reflect Current Name
- High School Diploma, Certificate of Graduation From High School, GED Certificate or Student Enrollment/Exclusion Status Form
- Shelby County also requires this form to be notarized. Please check with them on any other specific requirements.
- Marion County & Madison County will not accept the electronic signature. If you are testing in Marion or Madison County, please use option 2 below.
- On the form where it says "Is Enrolled", please do not put a date. It will autofill.
- At the end of the form where it asks for a signature, I am asking for the parent signature.
- Echosign will no longer allow using Microsoft Internet Explorer IE7 or IE8 browsers to access the service. This applies to users who are simply signing documents. Adobe e-sign service supports Microsoft Internet Explorer 9, 10, and 11, as well as the latest versions of Firefox, Chrome, and Safari browsers.
1035 Jenkins Rd
Hayden, AL 35079
(Do not mail this certified or any other way that requires a signature to be delivered. The post office will not deliver mail to our address that has to be signed for. The post office is 20 minutes from our office, and this WILL slow down the processing of your form.)
- Right and left turns
- Signaling (hand or approved electrical devices)
- Use of marked and unmarked lanes of traffic
- Backing of vehicle
- Observance of traffic signs and signals
- Making a quick stop
- General control of vehicle
- Three point turn. Stop vehicle at right edge of curb. When safe, make sharp left turn; back vehicle. Move forward in right lane. Do not bump curb or use driveway.
During the test, you should turn your head when you observe traffic to indicate to the examiner you are aware of conditions around you. The examiner must mark items during the test indicating "acceptable" or "needs training". Do not be distracted by the scoring, as it does not indicate you are receiving all bad marks. No passengers or pets are permitted in the vehicle during the road test. Loose items like cameras or radios should not be in the car during the road test.
Causes for immediate failure and termination of the road test are: