- Must be age 15 or older
- Original Certified Birth Certificate
- Social Security Card-Must Reflect Current Name
- High School Diploma, Certificate of Graduation From High School, GED Certificate or Student Enrollment/Exclusion Status Form
- Electronically sign the form here. (Preferred method) - Please note that Shelby County will not accept the electronic signature. If you are testing in Shelby County, please use option 2 below.
- Print out and mail the Enrollment/Exclusion Form and include a self-addressed stamped envelope with a two-week notice to:
1035 Jenkins R
Hayden, AL 35079
(Make sure to fill this information in on the form as well)
- Right and left turns
- Signaling (hand or approved electrical devices)
- Use of marked and unmarked lanes of traffic
- Backing of vehicle
- Observance of traffic signs and signals
- Making a quick stop
- General control of vehicle
- Three point turn. Stop vehicle at right edge of curb. When safe, make sharp left turn; back vehicle. Move forward in right lane. Do not bump curb or use driveway.
During the test, you should turn your head when you observe traffic to indicate to the examiner you are aware of conditions around you. The examiner must mark items during the test indicating "acceptable" or "needs training". Do not be distracted by the scoring, as it does not indicate you are receiving all bad marks. No passengers or pets are permitted in the vehicle during the road test. Loose items like cameras or radios should not be in the car during the road test.
Causes for immediate failure and termination of the road test are: