GED Withdrawal Form - If you are withdrawing in order to obtain the GED, please fill out this withdrawal form.
- Transcripts can be obtained by filling out and submitting a Transcript Request Form (for students grades K - 8) or High School Transcript Request Form (for students grades 9 - 12). Plan on it taking up to two weeks to receive your transcripts back. If it is during a busy time of the year (beginning or end of traditional school year), it could take longer. You can pay a "rush fee" to have your transcript returned to you in less than two weeks. Transcripts will be generated upon request and returned to the parent. If you want a transcript mailed to the new school as well, please enclose an addressed stamped envelope with the new school's address.
- A student must be enrolled with Everest Academy and complete a full six weeks of work and parents must turn in the applicable Transcript Request Form (for students grades K - 8) or High School Transcript Request Form (for students grade 9 - 12) BEFORE an official transcript will be made. If the student has less than this amount of time with Everest Academy or does not turn in the required reports, we will send a letter stating no work can be verified.
- All fees must be paid before a transcript is sent to the parent.
- A Transcript Request Form should only be made out for the time spent at Everest Academy. Everest Academy WILL NOT generate a transcript for any credits obtained outside of Everest Academy. For instance, if 11th and 12th grades are completed at Everest Academy, we will not make the transcript out to include 9th and 10th grades as well.
- All transcripts will be returned to the family unless otherwise requested by the family. If you want the transcript sent directly to the school requesting the transcript (suggested), then please include a stamped addressed envelope with the address to where you would like the transcript mailed. You can include more than one envelope if you want the transcript sent to more than one location. You can also have the transcript emailed if you include the desired email address.
- Can my child return to a school setting after homeschooling? Yes. The new school will probably require a copy of a transcript for the work completed at Everest Academy. Please see information below.
- Will the new school test my child for grade placement? Not normally for an elementary or middle school student, but it is up to the new school. As a high schooler reentering the public school, the school may require the student to take semester exams Please note that there is not a law that dictates what the public/private school may require from a homeschooler entering their school. They could request samples of work, testing, etc. It is completely up to them as to what they may require. I strongly recommend that you, as the parent/guardian, administer a CAT (California Achievement Test). The CAT is a standardized test for grades k-12. I can not guarantee the school will accept the test and promote your student, but it would be a very responsible action. Scores are mailed to you within 2 weeks of the date they receive your returned testing materials. Here is a link for the CAT : http://www.setontesting.com/cat/
- It is up to each parent to research requirements and regulations of other schools including public schools, private schools, church schools, and colleges when considering enrollment in these institutions.
- Past School Records & Immunization Forms: Everest Academy does not hold any past school records. If the school before Everest sent in any records, they have already been forwarded to you.