Please read the Everest Academy Handbook.
If you have a high school student, please also read the Everest Academy High School Handbook.
Please do not continue to Step 2 until you have completed this step.
- Open Enrollment runs from April 1 - August 15. Our school year runs from June 1 - May 31 of each year giving you 365 days to complete your required 160 days of schooling. Enrollment ends on May 31 of each year regardless to when you enroll.
- Eligibility: You must have legal guardianship of a child to enroll them. You can not add children to your enrollment whom you do not have guardianship. If both parents do not live in the home, you must send in a copy of the custody agreement. If there is joint custody involved, the parent not living in the home must sign and have notarized a document stating their agreement of enrollment in Everest Academy.
- You can only be enrolled in one school at a time. In other words, you cannot remain in the public/private school systems and homeschool at the same time.
- You must be a legal resident of Alabama to enroll with Everest Academy.
- When should I withdraw my child from his/her current school? Enrollment is for the 2014/2015 school year. You should stay in your current school until the 2014/2015 school year begins on June 1, 2014. You may fill out the paperwork starting on April 1, 2014, but it will not take affect until June 1, 2014.
- How do I notify the school/Board of Education that I am homeschooling? Part of the Enrollment Packet is a Church School Enrollment Form. Once you complete and submit your Enrollment Packet to Everest Academy, we will sign off on it and return it to you. Once the signed packet is returned to you, you will turn in the Church School Enrollment Form to your local Board of Education Superintendent.
- Why do I have to turn in this form to the BOE? Many church school coverings will take care of this requirement for you; however, Alabama State Law specifically states that the parent is supposed to handle this procedure. Turning in the Church School Enrollment Form to your local Board of Education Superintendent satisfies the requirement of reporting your enrollment in a church school.
- What do I give the school? We suggest that you submit the Request for School Records form (also included in the enrollment packet) to your child's last school of attendance if you would like to have those school records. This is an optional form and not a requirement by law but certainly can smooth the transition.