I know that getting started homeschooling can be overwhelming. We are here to help. Before contacting us, please take the time to read the Everest Academy Handbook. If you will be homeschooling a high schooler, you will also want to read the Everest Academy High School Handbook. These handbooks should answer most of your questions. Below are the answers to our most frequently asked questions.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Area we cover - We cover Alabama statewide
- How many days do we have to school through Everest? 160 (We offer year-round schooling June 1 - May 31 giving you 365 days to achieve the 160 days of schooling).
- What curriculum do I need to use? You can choose your own curriculum. Everest does not provide curriculum. More information below on curriculum.
- References - Every once in awhile a family will ask for references. Here ya go!
- Cost: Enrollment - $200 to enroll; Re-enrollment - $100 if paid during regular re-enrollment period
- We do not require a signed Letter of Faith.
- Is this an online school? No, Everest Academy is a church school which supports your right to homeschool in Alabama. You can certainly use an online curriculum if you choose, but you will still need to be enrolled in a church school to legally homeschool in the State of Alabama.
- When/where do I drop my kids off for classes? You don't. Everest Academy supports homeschooling which means you are their teacher and you homeschool them yourselves. You can certainly find a co-op, but Everest Academy does not have any on-campus classes.
- Provide a legal covering for those who choose to home educate in the state of Alabama regardless of race, economic standing, teaching methods, or religious beliefs.
- Offer support to those who have chosen to home educate.
- Provide resources to aid families in their home education journey.
- Aid parents in the realization of goal achievement be it college or other personal goals.
- Enable parents to take responsibility for their children's academic, emotional, and moral growth.
- Provide quality social and educational activities, field trips, and information to those who have chosen to home educate.